Saturday, August 4, 2012

Wicked cool!

I was inspired by a cute 3D swap I got at convention from SU Demonstrator Nancy Baladad and I decided to make a witches broom for our downline meeting attendees.  The prototype was in our catalog on pg. 29.


Here is my design:



Here is a little tutorial to make this easy project.


Supplies needed:

2.5" X5" Brights DSP Old Olive (117155)
2" scallop ribbon Calypso Coral (122976)
12" baker's twine Calypso Coral (125573)
1" X 8" Cellophane bag (124134)
Mixed Medley Hostess stamp set (128057)
Calypso Coral Ink (122939)
3/4" circle punch
Sticky tape
Twizzler twists Chocolate flavor candy



Place the sticky tape about 1/2" down from the top of the 2.5" X 5" DSP.  Cut strips on the top and bottom of the paper.  The striped paper will be your guide and I cut it every 3 stripes just up to the sticky strip.


Turn the DSP around and place an inch of sticky tape at the end and wrap the paper around the candy.





Add the ruffled ribbon (2") and the baker's twine (12") and the embellishment. Here I used the Hostess set Mixed Medley, Calypso Coral ink and the 3/4" circle punch.


Isn't it cute?  Thank you Nancy Baladad for inspiring me to make these.  How about giving these cute candy brooms  to a classroom full of kindergarteners for Halloween?  I'm thinking about it.....

Tee hee~

Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment